Profiloplasty is an esthetic surgery that is designed to harmonize the side view of the face and improve the overall facial silhouette through nose,chin, cheek and brow reconstruction (rhinoplasty and genioplasty). This facial cosmetic surgery represents an excellent concealer to different signs of aging.
Its duration is 2 hours and requires 3 nights of hospitalization. Profiloplasty is done under general anesthesia.
Profiloplasty is a broad procedure that combines four major cosmetic surgery techniques in order to reach the perfect profile of someone’s face which are:
- Rhinoplasty: changes the size and shape of the noise
- Chin implant: enlarges the size of your chin so it corresponds to the profile of your face
- Cheek implants: help to shape contours and add volume to the face
- Brow lift: reduces the size of your forehead and equalize the distance between your hairline, eyes, nose and chin.
Post operative period
The pain is very mild. A dressing with cold gauzes is applied in order to limit palpebral edema.
Profiloplasty Facial edema wanes within 48 hours and disappear after 8 days.
The postoperative instructions to take into consideration is the set of instruction of the relative operations which basically include:
- the ability of the patient to move immediately after the surgery
- using antibiotics for 4 days to prevent complications but there is no need for analgesics
- getting back to normal and professional activities a week after the surgery
This surgery, like all other dermal filler treatment, is not recommended in case of: pregnancy, breastfeeding, immune suppression and keloid scarring. Patients should maintain a realistic and acceptable vision as far as their expectations are concerned.
The major complications are swelling and bruising which create a feeling of rigidity but are temporary as they vanish in 1 week to a month after the surgery. The intensity of soreness can be decreased relatively with the use of prescribed medicines.
Other side effects of profiloplasty include infection and necrosis which can be prevented through applying an aseptic technique and advising patients not to touch the area or apply makeup for at least 12 hours.
Duration of the stay
The duration of the stay for a profiloplasty in Tunisia is usually 6 nights/7 days.
This time will allow your physician to provide you with an optimal follow up.
He will also see you at his office the day preceding your return home.
The recovery period spent in Tunisia is usually quite beneficial and allows most of our patients to resume their professional activities as soon as they arrive home.
See “personalized estimate” which includes: Clinical fees, surgeon an anesthesiologist rates, hotel say with room and board and the transfers (airport, clinic, hotel)